Re: xfs corrupted

On 2013-10-16, Stefanita Rares Dumitrescu <katmai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The xfsprogs from the centos6 yum are newer

They are certainly newer than from CentOS 5, but are still reasonably
old compared to git.  You should probably prefer the latest stable
version or the git version over what's available from yum by default.

> I cloned the xfsprogs git and i am running it now with the new 15 gb
> swap that i created, and this is a monster in memory usage.
>
> Pretty bit of discrepancy.

As others have suggested, lots of memory use is to be expected with the
size of the filesystem and the amount of memory you have.  Did you use
the -P switch as Dave suggested?  I have found it very helpful in
low-memory situations.

--keith

--
kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx