Re: projid32bit=1 default in xfsprogs-3.2.0

Hey Christoph,

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 01:43:42PM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:46:09PM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 04:24:24PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > > Ok.  Default it is!   Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure we were
> > > all in agreement there.
> >
> > Can we make sure this gets documented in doc/CHANGES?
> >
> > I'm also pretty sure the entry for 3.2.0-alpha1 is severly lacking,
> > can we make sure the one for the real release is as detailed as the ones
> > for the previous releases?
>
> Btw, I also noticed releases after 3.1.9 aren't tagged in git, any
> chance we could fix that?  The release.sh script was supposed to take
> care of this automatically.

The tags are out there:
http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=xfs/cmds/xfsprogs.git;a=tags

The release script doesn't push tags, just reminds you to do so.  ;)

IMO it's probably a good idea not automate pushing tags, so you have
opportunity to hit the breaks and double check your work before posting a tag
publicly.

> Also we have tons of fixes in the xfsprogs repo that really should go
> out into a new 3.1.12 release:
>
>     xfs_io: v8 add the lseek() SEEK_DATA/SEEK_HOLE support
>     xfs_db: add header to freesp -d output
>     xfs_repair: zero out unused parts of superblocks
>     xfs_repair: add prototype for alloc_ex_data()
>     xfsprogs: fix Out-of-bounds access in repair/dinode.c
>     xfsprogs: fix inode crash in xfs_repair
>     xfsprogs: fix unint var in repair phase6
>     xfsprogs: fix agcnts leak in xfs_repair's scan_ags
>     xfsprogs:free bp in xlog_find_tail() error path
>     xfsprogs: free bp in xlog_find_zeroed() error path
>     xfsprogs: fix buffer leak in xlog_print_find_oldest
>     xfsprogs: avoid double-free in xfs_attr_node_addname
>     xfsprogs/io: add readdir command
>     mkfs.xfs: fix protofile name create block reservation
>     logprint: fix wrapped log dump issue
>     xfs_metadump: manpage fix regarding frozen fs
>     mkfs: add missing noalign suboption information
>     xfsprogs: fix make deb
>     xfsprogs: define umode_t for build if not defined already
>     xfs_logprint: fix continuation transactions
>     xfs_fsr: file reads should be O_DIRECT
>     xfs_logprint: print all AGI unlinked buckets
>
> + a few more pending on the list.  I'd volunteer to prepare and test
> thos backports once we get the remaining patches from the list in.

That's an interesting idea.  We hadn't discussed a 3.1.12 release.  No
particular objection to doing that, it's just that we didn't branch for the
v3.0.5->v3.1.0 set of releases.  Maybe it is better if we all focus on 3.2.0.

Regards,
	Ben