Re: free inodes remaining in 1tb

Hi,

> On 2013-09-26, Carlos Maiolino <cmaiolino@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > bear in mind though that are some applications that can't read 64bit
> > inodes.
>
> I know that NFS has some issues (documented in the XFS FAQ).  Do you
> know offhand of any other examples?

My apologies, I'm not a heavy user of applications that handle file's inodes.
What I can tell you is that any application that might need to handle file's
inodes would be worth to check if they can handle 64bit inodes, for example,
some backup applications use to handle inodes for some reason (read it as 'I
have no idea how these backup apps works' :), and I've seen some reports about
problems with backup applications for this reason some time ago, but can't
really point you out anything specific.

--
Carlos