RE: Issues and new to the group

Stan,

Thanks for the reply.

My fragmentation is:

[root@AP-FS1 ~]# xfs_db -c frag -r /dev/xvdb1
actual 10470159, ideal 10409782, fragmentation factor 0.58%

xfs_db> freesp
   from      to extents  blocks    pct
      1       1   52343   52343   0.08
      2       3   34774   86290   0.13
      4       7  122028  732886   1.08
      8      15  182345 1898531   2.80
     16      31  147747 3300501   4.87
     32      63  111134 4981898   7.35
     64     127   93359 8475962  12.50
    128     255   51914 9069884  13.38
    256     511   25548 9200077  13.57
    512    1023   23027 17482586  25.79
   1024    2047    8662 10600931  15.64
   2048    4095     808 1915158   2.82

The volume is 57% full.

I have removed allocsize=64m from the fstab and rebooted.  These are not
large files and this could definitely cause issues.
Would copying them to new folder and renaming the folder back help?

This is running virtualized, definitely not a rust bucket.  It's x5570 cpus
with MD3200 Array with light I/O.

Seems like i/o wait is not problem, system% is problem.  Is this the OS
trying to find spot for these files?

Thanks