XFS: possible memory allocation deadlock in kmem_alloc (mode:0x250)

We've started experimenting with larger directory block sizes to avoid
directory fragmentation.  Everything seems to work fine, except that the log
is spammed with these lovely debug messages:

	XFS: possible memory allocation deadlock in kmem_alloc (mode:0x250)

>From looking at the code, it looks like that each of those messages (there
are thousands) equates to 100 trips through the loop.  My guess is that the
larger blocks require multi-page allocations which are harder to satisfy.
This is with 3.10 kernel.

The hardware is something like (I can find out the exact config is you want):

	32 cores
	128 GB RAM
	LSI 9271-8i RAID (one big RAID-60 with 36 disks, partitioned)

As I hinted at earlier, we end up with pretty big directories.  We can
semi-reliably trigger this when we run rsync on the data between two
(identical) hosts over 10GbitE.

# xfs_info /dev/sda9
meta-data=/dev/sda9              isize=256    agcount=6, agsize=268435455 blks
         =                       sectsz=512   attr=2
data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=1454213211, imaxpct=5
         =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks
naming   =version 2              bsize=65536  ascii-ci=0
log      =internal               bsize=4096   blocks=521728, version=2
         =                       sectsz=512   sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=1
realtime =none                   extsz=4096   blocks=0, rtextents=0

/proc/slabinfo: https://www.copy.com/s/1x1yZFjYO2EI/slab.txt
sysrq m output: https://www.copy.com/s/mYfMYfJJl2EB/sysrq-m.txt

While I realize that the message isn't bad, it does mean that the system is
having hard time allocating memory.  This could potentially lead to bad
performance, or even an actual deadlock.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff.

depends on the unreasonable man.
		- George Bernard Shaw