Re: XFS recovery resumes...

On 08/18/2013 05:38 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
I'm trying to dedupe the two large XFS filesystems on which I have DVR
recordings, so that I can walk around amongst the available HDDs and create
new filesystems under everything.

[...]

duckling:/appl/downloads/xfsprogs # xfs_repair /dev/sda1
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Not enough RAM available for repair to enable prefetching.
This will be _slow_.
You need at least 497MB RAM to run with prefetching enabled.

                    ^^^^^

This is 1/2 GB ram, and you didn't specify the memory options of the xfs_repair ... so I'm going to guess at this point that you ran out of ram. Paging while running xfs_repair is no fun.

How much ram do you have in this box? Next question is, is this an ECC memory box?

Not sure if you are hitting a bug as much as running into something else like a hardware limit (RAM) or a memory stick issue.

Do you have EDAC (or mcelog) on?  Any errors from this?

Joe