Cifs client sockoption tcp_nodelay?

Any way to set the sockoption tcp_nodelay for cifs client?

Nodelay option looks deprecated in manual and fstab mount. The client doesn't read smb.conf so setting there wouldn't work either.

Could nodelay be set in /proc/fs/cifs?

The reason I ask is reading the share is slow for a few people and a similar problem was solved on another of our sites by adding nodelay to MySQL my.conf. Also smbfs is deprecated. Otherwise our other options are to use NFS on the Windows server where the share is or go with cloud hosting.

Shirley