Re: [Fwd: Re: A short digression on FOSS (Re: understanding speculative preallocation)]

On 07/29/2013 12:07 PM, Dave Howorth wrote:

[Actually this is Jay's wording, quoting is strange in Thunderbird]

[...]

That's all well and good, Dave, but I've spent the last 72 hours with Stan
tearing my face off precisely over his assertion that *the experts in
question won't be interested in doing that*: it should be *my*
responsiility.

I think we've isolated the issue right there.

If you look over the history of this list, you can find that this represents their MO. If you keep that in mind as you read/write/post/respond, you will have a better sense as to whom to respond to and ask questions of, and listen to.

I don't have time for net.arguments, so I largely ignore people whom are best not responded to.

Eric and Dave are giving you good advice and information. It behooves you to listen to that.

But as Dave pointed out, some time away from this, to let emotional levels drop, and then a judicious application of filtration is well worth your time.