Re: A short digression on FOSS (Re: understanding speculative preallocation)

On Jul 27, 2013, at 2:00 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> [...]

Well, you'll be missing out.  Who cares what any one thinks in terms of Free vs Fee paradigms, XFS is simply a rockin FS.

Been using it since the Irix days and never really got into any optional flags during creation or mounting etc until now.

Actually, Dave and others who reply to my posts helped me understand what I've been blindly doing for years and that knowledge carries over to other FS's.

I was really intrigued by his and Linus's back and forth not to long ago, some great knowledge for sure.

This list is great so filter whats applicable and toss the rest in a bit bucket.

- aurf