Re: [Bisected] Corruption of root fs during git bisect of drm system hang

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:47:43PM +0200, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
> On 2013.07.22 at 20:22 +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:

> > > Thanks for bisecting this, Marcus.
> > >
> > > I'll admit, right now it doesn't make a lot of sense to me - I don't
> > > immediately see a connection between not reading an inode during the
> > > create phase and unlinked list and directory corruption after a
> > > crash. But now you've identified a change that might be the cause,
> > > I have an avenue of investigation I can follow.
> > >
> > > Indeed, in the time I've taken to write this mail I've thought of
> > > 2-3 possible causes that I need to investigate....
> >
> > Hi Markus, can you test the patch I just posted to the list titled
> > "xfs: di_flushiter considered harmful" and see if it fixes your
> > problem? Archive link here:
> >
> > http://oss.sgi.com/pipermail/xfs/2013-July/028331.html
>
> Unfortunately no. I still get the same corruption with this patch
> applied.

Umm, really? can you please put together a simple reproducer then?
Because it definitely fixes the problem that Mark reproduced...

> (It's embarrassing to mention, but please add:
> Reported-by: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> to the next iteration of this patch.
> Thanks.)

The reason I asked you to test it was so I could confirm that it was
fixing the problem you've reported and so I could added reported-by
and tested-by tags to it.

Indeed, if it doesn't fix your problem, then it's not fixing the bug
you reported, and so adding such tags is wrong.... ;)

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner