Re: [Bisected] Corruption of root fs during git bisect of drm system hang

> I've bisected this issue to the following commit:
>
>  commit cca9f93a52d2ead50b5da59ca83d5f469ee4be5f
>  Author: Dave Chinner <dchinner@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  Date:   Thu Jun 27 16:04:49 2013 +1000
>
>      xfs: don't do IO when creating an new inode
>
> Reverting this commit on top of the Linus tree "solves" all problems for
> me. IOW I no longer loose my KDE and LibreOffice config files during a
> crash. Log recovery now works fine and xfs_repair shows no issues.
>
> So users of 3.11.0-rc1 beware. Only run this version if you have
> up-to-date backups handy.

What I miss in this thread is a distinction between filesystem
corruption on the one hand and a few zeroed files on the other. The
latter may be a nuisance, but it is expected behavior, while the
former should never happen, period, if I'm not mistaken.