Re: Questions about XFS

On 06/11/2013 05:56 AM, Steve Bergman wrote:
3. Why doesn't RHEL6 support XFS on root, when the XFS FAQ says XFS on root
is fine? Is there some issue I should be aware of?

This is a vendor specific issue, not an upstream one, so let me put on my fedora and respond.

When Red Hat added XFS support several years back, we decided to roll it out in a very controlled way. Not a comment on any limitation on XFS as root.

Note that in RHEL7, we will be supporting XFS without this restriction.

Thanks!

Ric