Re: xfsprogs: is it one issue?

On 05/25/2013 12:29 PM, Zhi Yong Wu wrote:
HI,

Did anyone hit this issue?

[root@f15 xfsprogs]# make
Building include
Building libxfs
     [TEST]    CRC32
In file included from ../include/libxfs.h:584:0,
                  from crc32.c:36:
../include/xfs/xfs_ialloc.h:75:2: error: unknown type name ‘umode_t’
gmake[2]: *** [crc32selftest] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [libxfs] Error 2
make: *** [default] Error 2

--
Regards,

Zhi Yong Wu

Yes. I've been getting around it by inserting the following in one of the two files above, perhaps in xfs_ialloc.h...

typedef unsigned short umode_t;

It's something in the private kernel headers that doesn't get exported to the public headers by `make headers_install` from the kernel build...at least not for the 3.9 kernel series and later, maybe 3.8 as well. However, I've been told that umode_t is in the Debian 2.6 kernel headers. The main questions here are 1) when did umode_t go away? and 2) what is the proper solution? I use slackware-current, which is unaltered in many places where other distros would add extra tweaks, so it may not be a good reference distribution in this case.

If you mention your distribution and have an idea of which kernel version made the headers in /usr/include/linux, it might help the pros here come up with a solutio...or at least tell the people in charge of the public headers that they might export umode_t.

Thanks!

Michael