Re: [BUG] XFS: Assertion failed: atomic_read(&pag->pag_ref) == 0, file: fs/xfs/xfs_mount.c, line: 272

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 02:23:20PM +0200, Arkadiusz Bubała wrote:
> Hello,
> I've got a call trace which should be fixed by "drop buffer io
> reference when a bad bio is built" patch
> (http://patchwork.xfs.org/patch/3956/). Error occured on already
> patched Linux kernel 3.2.42.

That's an old kernel. Can you reproduce on a current TOT kernel?
It's entirely possible that this problem has been fixed as we
definitely mae some changes to the mount error handling path since
3.2....

> Test environment consist two machines target and initiator.
> First machine works as target with QLogic Corp. ISP2432-based 4Gb
> Fibre Channel device. Storage is placed on two KINGSTON SNV425S SSD
> working as RAID0 array. RAID is managed by LSI MegaRAID SAS 1068
> controller.
> Second machine works as initiator with the same QLogic card.
>
> After few days of running test script I got following call trace and
> XFS stopped working.

Can you narrow this down from "takes several days" to the simplest
possible reproducer? It happened due to IO errors during mount, so
maybe you can did that part out of your script and give us a test
case that reproduces on the first mount?

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner