Re: [GIT PULL] XFS updates for 3.10-rc1

On Sat, May 04, 2013 at 04:11:19AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 03:56:15PM -0500, Ben Myers wrote:
> > Hi Linus,
> >
> >    Please pull these XFS updates for 3.10-rc1.  It's a bunch of cleanups
> >    and bugfixes and an (for now) experimental feature from Dave Chinner,
> >    CRC protection for on disk metadata structures.
>
> Does this mean the new format is still unstable?  It would be a pity to
> not support the d_type directory additions in the same version bump.

d_type is not there yet, so we can discuss whether it will need a
incompat feature bit or not once I have it done. It's only about
half done right now as I've been concentrating on more critical bits
like the fact that unlinked list modifications don't update the
inode CRC right now and there's still basic functionality missing
from xfs_db....

Cheers,

Dave.
--