Re: Deprecating xfs_check

On 04/11/2013 05:17 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
Hey Chandra,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 04:45:08PM -0500, Chandra Seetharaman wrote:
Hello All,

Alex Elder mentioned about deprecating xfs_check, and he suggested is to
replace xfs_check command with a script, that says xfs_check is
deprecated, use "xfs_repair -n".

Sounds ok ?

Let me know if it is not the right approach.
That sounds ok to me.  You might also consider making xfs_check a hardlink to
xfs_repair and varying the behavior based on program name.  Then xfs_check ==
xfs_repair -n.

Regards,
	Ben

Does "xfs_repair -n" need to provide all of the functionality that xfs_check
provides before it is replaced?

xfs_check can be run on a filesystem mounted read-only. xfs_repair -n can not.

xfs_check has two options:
    -i ino   Specifies  verbose  behavior  for  the specified inode ino.
-b bno Specifies verbose behavior for the specific filesystem block at bno.
which are not available with xfs_repair.

-Troy