Re: XFS filesystem corruption

On 3/6/2013 9:08 AM, Julien FERRERO wrote:

> The filesystem was originally created with the command:
> # mkfs.xfs -f -l size=32m /dev/md0

It may be unrelated to your corruption, problem but I'm curious why you
are specifying a 32MB log section instead of letting mkfs.xfs make the
log size decision.

> corruption. I only know that units are used to be power cycle by
> operator while the fs is still mounted (no proper shutdown / reboot).
> My guess is the fs journal shall handle this case and avoid such
> corruption.

As others have stated, this operator needs to be flogged and educated.
A computer based video ingestion/playback system with disk storage and a
complex filesystem is not a tape deck.  You can't can't simply power it
off as if it were a tape deck.

I would assume based on your description that this is a mobile storage
system, often moved from one location to another, probably in a van, and
this is why the operator simply hits the power switch?  Live news crew
type application or similar?

--
Stan