Re: Ideal RAID-1 Stripe Size for IMAP Server ?

schrieb Svavar Örn Eysteinsson:
> I thought so just after sending this email to the group.
> But the ACU(Array Configuration Utility) gives me the option of changing the stripe size
> and gives me 256 as default.
>
> So that is irrelevant on RAID1 completely ?

It should be, yes. I would guess it becomes relavant if you later decide
that you want to expand to a RAID-10 or (shrug) RAID-5.

Generally, a small stripe size (like 64k) should be beneficial for
random access patterns like on a mail server.

hth,
Michael