Re: High %user CPU in XFS

> Page faults, CPU cache misses. XFS has a significantly large icache
> and dcache footprint than ext4, so those are the likely causes

I have a query. Will page fault, cache misses etc will increase the
%user CPU utilization or %system CPU utilization. I thought it will
affect the %system and not %user CPU usage?

%user - Percentage of CPU utilization that occurred while executing at
the user level (application).
%system - Percentage of CPU utilization that occurred while executing
at the system level (kernel).