Re: XFS appears to cause strange hang with md raid1 on reboot

In a previous message, Dave Chinner wrote:

> Which doesn't tell us why the filesystem was not unmounted. We need to
> know why/how the unmount failed to solve the problem, so you'll need to
> do some debugging of the unmount to try to work that out...

Thanks Dave.

I can work on that tonight.

Oddly, since the problem is kernel related (308 doesn't do it, 348 does),
the system shuts down the same way no matter what kernel I'm using.  So
what would be the difference?  The umounts and running processes shouldn't
change.  Just seems to me that some resource isn't being released.  And
only with kernel 348 and XFS.  Quite puzzling..........

Any suggestions on how I would debug this?

-- Tom