Re: Need advice on building a new XFS setup for large files

Le Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:23:08 -0600 vous écriviez:

> I'm not familiar enough with sparse files to comment on fragmentation
> patterns.  Others may have some answers/recommendations for you here.

I've built servers that are used exactly in the described way.
Fragmentation on iSCSI-exported sparse files is, as expected, absolutely
horrific. However in virtual web servers environments the expected
throughput is low enough to be of little importance in that particular
case. If the OP expects higher performance, he will be on quite a tough
ride I'm afraid.