Re: RAID setups, usage, Q's' effect of spindle groups...etc...blah blahblah...

If nothing else I hopefully got the point across as to how destructive
parity RAID read-modify-write operations are to performance.  It's
simply impossible to get good mixed IO performance from parity RAID
unless one's workloads always fit in controller write cache, or if one
has SSD storage.

----
Will have to reread it a few times to digest everything (but it is sufficiently
depressing...)...

Especially the costs on the enclosures...I am pretty sure I paid under 1k for
each of them....*ouch*...