Re: du vs. ls

hi mathias and ben,

thanks for your fast reply.

i've already played around with the allocsize option.
xfs_bmap shows continuous files, as expected.
i'm just worried, because these mismatches never showed before (while
the volume was less than 50% full) and we didn't changed the workload.
a quick comparsion shows overhead of about 1% for the whole volume, but
given the 28MB overhead for 100MB, i expect this to increase in the future.

On 01/04/2013 05:14 PM, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> This fixes itself over time.
> Either do enough IO that the cache of the copy gets reused or umount or

i cannot understand that. does a already written file gets reorganized
due to high I/O, because we've got that periodically.

cheers
  pille