Re: xfsdump INTERRUPT issue

On 12/21/2012 4:06 PM, Jeffrey Ellis wrote:
> Sorry, don't you want me to perform the repair and then try the restore again? If I use -n seems like that wouldn't actually repair the volume?

It's called a "dry run" Jeffrey.  It will tell you what problems it
finds but without attempting to fix them.  Sometimes it's better to see
what is broken and in what way BEFORE actually attempting to fix it, as
the fixes may sometimes include unintended consequences.

What we're doing here is looking both ways twice before crossing the
street, instead of stepping into traffic without looking.

So my advice is to run with "-n" and post the output of the command so
we (mostly Dave) can see what's wrong before you actually make the
repairs.  He may tell you to go ahead and run the destructive repair, or
depending on what he sees he may have you perform some other tasks
before that.

You had no experience with XFS before embarking on this DVR drive
migration, and little to no experience with *nix.  You are unable to
digest the information in the man pages, stumbling with the commands we
give you, etc.  Thus it makes a lot of sense to play it safe with
everything you do here.

--
Stan