Re: A huge latency in ext4 and xfs because of stable page write

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 08:23:43AM +0100, Stefan Ring wrote:
> >> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-fsdevel/msg59421.html
> >
> > Thanks for pointing out.  So now it seems that only I can do is to
> > present a proposal to revert stable page write temporarily because it
> > causes a huge latency for some applications.
>
> There has just been a write-up on the topic of stable pages in last
> week’s LWN: http://lwn.net/Articles/528031/
>
> The link should become available for non-subscribers tomorrow.

This is what subscriber links are for - when a LWN article is
relevant to a specific discussion, a subscriber can use their
discretion to post world readable link to the pay-walled article so
everyone is able to read the article....

This is one of the reasons I really like LWN and the way Jon has set
up subscriptions (and encourage anyone who doesn't subscribe to do
so). The paywall is something I *choose* to participate
in to get articles as quickly as possible, but have the option of
being able to let non-subscribers read articles immediately if *I*
consider it relevant to a discussion. That's definitely the case
here....

That said, a link has aleady been posted, so I don't have to do
anything but cheerlead here. :)

Cheers,

Dave.
--