Re: XFS filesystem recovery from secondary superblocks

Hmm.. Okay new plan. Running XFSB  and XAGF scans on /dev/md0 instead of /dev/md1, and I'll use that to find the alignment the superblocks are expecting, and see if I have an offset wrong somewhere when I ran the multi-part DD onto /dev/md1. Barring this, I'll resort to xfs_irecover. I think you've given me a lot of information to go on though, so thank you greatly.

-Aaron

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 11:08:23PM -0800, Aaron Goulding wrote:
> As I guessed, xfs_repair didn't work. xfs_db does now load with warnings,
> but I fear I don't know enough about that to properly use that tool. I've
> done a search for xfs_irepair but I'm finding very little from that. Where
> is that tool located? I'm understanding a full restore is very unlikely at
> this point, but if I can get anything, I'll consider this project a success
> and a learning experience. :)

xfs_irecover:

current location:

http://inai.de/projects/hxtools/

You might need to hack it to recovery full files (ISTR is ignore
files larger than a certain size), but tools lke this are your best
bet now.

Cheers,

Dave.
--