Re: Problems with kernel 3.6.x (vm ?) (was : Is kernel 3.6.1 or filestreams option toxic ?)

Le 29/10/2012 02:25, Dave Chinner a écrit :
I can't reproduce this with a similar setup but using KVM (i.e. killing the VM instead of power cycling) or forcing a shutdown of the filesystem without flushing the log. The second case is very much the same as power cycling, but without the potential "power failure caused partial IOs to be written" problem. The only thing I can see in the logprint that I haven't seen so far in my testing is that your log print indicates a checkpoint that wraps the end of the log. I haven't yet hit that situation by chance, so I'll keep trying to see if that's the case that is causing the problem.... Cheers, Dave.

Ok, is your kvm guest was lvm enabled ?

I'll try to recrash the FS, this time I'll make an image of it on another machine for further testings. And I'll supply a usefull logprint

Cheers,

--
Yann Dupont - Service IRTS, DSI Université de Nantes
Tel : 02.53.48.49.20 - Mail/Jabber : Yann.Dupont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx