RE: Writeback Stalls

> Fundamentally, you are doing it all wrong. High throughput, low
> latency NFS servers write dirty data to disk fast, not leave it
> memory until you run out of clean memory because that causes
> everything to block waiting for writeback IO completion to be ale to
> free memory...

Maybe I did not make it clear enough. The above setup is only
for demonstration purposes. To expose the problem better. In
real life we can see stalls tat thange from 0.5-1 seconds. Even
with all caches active, small dirty writeback settings and unlimited
bandwidth.

In between I found others complaining about the same problem:

http://lwn.net/Articles/486313/

So just one last question: Can I savely revert the the mentioned
commit d76ee18a8551e33ad7dbd55cac38bc7b094f3abb if I only
write data to a battery backed up hardware raid controller on a
server that is attached to an UPS?

Thanks in advance.

Markus

�ber das Internet versandte E-Mails können unter fremden Namen erstellt oder
manipuliert werden. Deshalb ist diese als E-Mail verschickte Nachricht keine
rechtsverbindliche Willenserklärung.

Collogia
Unternehmensberatung AG
Ubierring 11
D-50678 Köln

Vorstand:
Kadir Akin
Dr. Michael Höhnerbach

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
Hans Kristian Langva

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln
Registernummer: HRB 52 497

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

e-mails sent over the internet may have been written under a wrong name or
been manipulated. That is why this message sent as an e-mail is not a
legally binding declaration of intention.

Collogia
Unternehmensberatung AG
Ubierring 11
D-50678 Köln