Re: xfs_repair - segemnation fault | git error

hi,

Thanks for the fast replay and the effort!

2012/8/11 Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Am Freitag, 10. August 2012, 10:23:03 schrieb Velimir Galic:
> a second disk got lost in the raid. The raidsync wasn't finished and
> now i'm fighting 3 weeks or more i don't no any more :-( to repair
> the file system.

How far did the recovery go when it broke? If it was on 10% when the 2nd
disk broke, you can stop to try to get anything. If it was 90% finished,
you might have a chance...

that's what I thought but hoped for that isn't a problem. The sync failed at approx. 20% or beneath.

> 4x2GB | RAID 5 | Softraid

This is a 6GB net RAID 5 device? Which devices?

WDC WD20EARS-22MVWB0

> I tried a lot of different versions of xfs_repair

I hope you got a copy of all disks before you even tried to repair?
Otherwise it might be too late now, when repair wrote something on that
device.

Nope, I wasn't clever enough to do that, but it isn't hopeless because I have a
3 months old backup form my important files. So I have to life with the 3 months lost, I hope is not to much.

Thanks for trying to help, but I stop her with trying to recover anything and start over.

Shit happens! :-)