Re: xfs_growfs / planned resize / performance impact

Am 05.08.2012 13:03, schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
Am Freitag, 3. August 2012 schrieb Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG:
But then you didn´t describe where those VM disks are located. If that
location has many spindles it might not matter at all or even improve
performance.
30 disks raid 50 via LIO iSCSI and LVM.

Anyway, I do not see much sense to make them 30 GiB when they can grow to
500 GiB – at least provided that you use thin provisioning. Cause
xfs_growfs and resizing the image will likely be a manual step while thin
provisioning goes automatically and only needs to be monitored.
I do not use thin provisioning as dm thin is not production ready isn't it?

That manual step makes sense tough if you want to guarentee all the space
thats visibly in df output is really physically available, without
providing for x times 500 GiB initially.
Oh i can easily automate the whole resizing stuff.

Stefan