Re: A little RAID experiment

> *Gasp*  EXT3?  Not XFS?  Why are posting this thread on XFS?  The two
> will likely have (significantly) different behavior.

Because it was XFS originally which hammered the controller with this
disadvantageous pattern. Except for the concurrency, it doesn't matter
much on which filesystem sysbench operates. I've previously verified
this on another system.

> Also, to make any meaningful comparison, we kinda need to know which
> controller was targeted by these 3 runs below. ;)

It was the Fibre Channel controller, the one with the collapsing
throughput. (P2000 G3 MSA, QLogic Corp. ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre
Channel to PCI Express HBA)