Re: 3.5.0-rc5: inconsistent lock state

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 at 03:43, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> See my "do not take the iolock in inode reclaim context" series from
> yesterday, which should take care of this.

OK, good. I'll wait until this hits mainline then.

> Btw, if you hit this it's a sign you have out of the inode attributes,
> so if this isn't just a single inode with them you might be better off
> using larger inodes.

..."(run) out of inode attributes" - not really sure what that means and
why that would be the case.

And "using larger inodes" sounds like a
reformat with a larger "-i size=" option. Is there a way to find out my
current inode size? "mkfs.xfs -N" does not print its default values on a
mounted filesystem and I'm pretty sure I've used the default values when I
created the filesystem a while ago (i.e. just plain "mkfs.xfs" w/o any
options)

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #109:

The electricity substation in the car park blew up.