Re: mkfs.xfs states log stripe unit is too large

On 6/25/12 10:30 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:

> Without the warning, nobody would have noticed this. I think the
> warning has value - even if it is just to indicate MD now uses a
> bad default value for common workloads..

Fair enough.

log stripe unit (524288 bytes) is too large (maximum is 256KiB)
log stripe unit adjusted to 32KiB

It just tweaked me a little to complain about something the user didn't specify, but thinking about it from the perspective of letting the user know that the _device_ has a stripe unit larger than xfs can handle makes sense.

-Eric