Re: mkfs.xfs states log stripe unit is too large

Am 24.06.2012 um 21:28 schrieb Stan Hoeppner:

> Thus, I'd guess that the metadata format changed from 0.90 to 1.2 with a
> very recent release of mdadm.  Are you using distro supplied mdadm, a
> backported more recent mdadm, or did you build mdadm from the most
> recent source?

As I already wrote, I'm using Debian unstable, therefore distro supplied mdadm. Otherwise I'd have said this.

> If either of the latter two, don't you think it would have been wise to
> inform us that "hay, I'm using the bleeding edge mdadm just released"?
> Or if you're using a brand new distro release?

I don't think that Debian unstable is bleeding edge.

I find it strange that you've misinterpreted citing the mdadm man page as "sandbagging us". =:-O

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc