Re: How to recover data from an xfs partition

Hi,

Il 18/05/2012 16:31, Ben Myers ha scritto:
I recommend you give it a shot with the latest xfsprogs.  However, it may be
that your filesystem has been corrupted beyond repair.

I succeeded recovering something with xfsprogs 3.1.8, but no more than 1GB of data (~5%).

Fortunately I managed to save some precious config files, considering I had a 6 months old backup the disaster is a bit less catastrophic.

I had a bad time replacing corrupted data from the other ten ext4 virtual machines, but they didn't give me too much troubles compared to xfs. How ironic that the data loss happened during the installation of the backup system...

To be honest I don't know if I will use xfs anymore, unfortunately I need per-directory quota and it is the only viable solution.

Niccolò