Re: file corruption issue

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 02:58:42AM +0200, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Unfortunately I cannot unmount the partition/s to run xfs_metadump because
> they are in use.
>
> I have found some files that were truncated on a recent crash. Is there
> any tool I can run on those files to get info that might be useful?

Hrm.. xfs_bmap output could be helpful so we can see the block map.  Do you
know how big they are supposed to be?  How much was truncated?

Unfortunately since you don't know which database will have the corruption...
you'll need to get xfs_bmap output for all of them, and then after a crash get
the 'after'.  Is that a possibility?

-Ben