creating a new 80 TB XFS

Hi list,

I am not a storage expert, so sorry in advance for probably some *naive*
questions or proposals from me. 8)

*INTRO*
We are getting new hardware soon and I wanted to check with you my plans
for creating and mounting this XFS.

The storage system is from EUROstor,
http://eurostor.com/en/products/raid-sas-host/es-6600-sassas-toploader.html
.

We are getting now 32 x 3 TB Hitachi SATA HDDs.
I plan to configure them in a single RAID 6 set with one or two
hot-standby discs. The raw storage space will then be 28 x 3 TB = 84 TB.
On this one RAID set I will create only one volume.
Any thoughts on this?

This storage will be used as secondary storage for backups. We use
dirvish (www.dirvish.org, which uses rsync) to run our daily backups.
dirvish heavily uses hard links. It compares all files, one by one, and
synchronizes all new or changed files with rsync to the current daily
dir YYYY-MM-DD, and creates hard links for all not changed files from
the last previous backup on YYYY-MM-(DD-1) to the current YYYY-MM-DD
directory.

*MKFS*
We also heavily use ACLs for almost all of our files. Christoph Hellwig
suggested in a previous mail to use "-i size=512" on XFS creation, so my
mkfs.xfs would look something like:

mkfs.xfs -i size=512 -d su=stripe_size,sw=28 -L Backup_2 /dev/sdX1

*MOUNT*
On mount I will use the options

mount -o noatime,nobarrier,nofail,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k,inode64
/dev/sdX1 /mount_point

What about the largeio mount option? In which cases would it be useful?

Do you have any other/better suggestions or comments?

Many thanks,
Richard

--
Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx