Re: Performance problem - reads slower than writes

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 03:59:08AM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Will you be using mdraid or hardware RAID across those 24 spindles?

Gluster is the front-runner at the moment. Each file sits on a single
spindle, and there is a separate filesystem per spindle, so I think the
parallel processing will work much better this way. This does mean double
the disks to get data replication though.

I did some testing of RAID6 mdraid (12 disks with with 1MB stripe size) and
it sucked.  However I need to re-test it now that I know about inode64.
We do have a requirement for archival storage and that might use RAID6.

Regards,

Brian.