Re: xfs: validate inode numbers in file handles correctly

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 01:04:58PM +0000, Guoquan Yang wrote:
> I meet with a problem when using 64bit XFS and NFS,
>
> When I access a directory from the NFS client,I get Stale NFS file Handle
> error.But it is ok when accessing on the server without NFS.
>
> And I have checked that the inode num in the NFS file handle is the same as
> inode num on the server, Using ls -il.
>
> I found that XFS_IGET_UNTRUSTED in xfs_imap() filtered the function
> xfs_imap_lookup(),It fails in xfs_imap_lookup() when access from NFS
> client.local access does not go into xfs_imap_lookup().
>
> My kernel is Linux2.6.35.6 from kernel.org. please help me to find out this
> problem!

It seems like you hit the same issue hank peng reported recently, and
in facr your are on the same kernel for the serve as he is.

>From a closer look it seems like the changes you mentioned above indeed
had a bug in Linux 2.6.35, which was later fixed with the following
commit

mmit 4536f2ad8b330453d7ebec0746c4374eadd649b1
Author: Dave Chinner <dchinner@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue Aug 24 11:42:30 2010 +1000

    xfs: fix untrusted inode number lookup

which should be included in Linux 2.6.35.6.  Can you make sure you
really have the commit?  Can you also verify that a recent kernel
like Linux 3.0-stable shows the same behaviour?