Interrupted xfsdump Resume Behaviour for Regular Dump File

Hi,

I have observed this since some time back.  I have just done an experiment.

1) Using xfsdump 3.0.6, I first did a full dump to regular file and restore, checked that every thing is correct.

2) I then did the same dump again, but interrupted it.  Then I resumed the dump.  I noted that the resumed dump file is the exact same size as the full dump file.

3) First I did a cumulative restore, with the interrupted dump file, followed by the resumed dump file.  I checked that the restore is correct.

4) I then did a non-cumulative restore, using only resumed dump file.  The resume is successful, and I checked that the restore is correct.

The logs are attached.

The conclusion is that the so-called resume of an interrupted dump session to regular file produces a full dump file, that is sufficient by itself to do the full restore.

Are my observations of the behaviour of xfsdump correct?

Everything was done on openSUSE 11.4 x86_64.

GL