Re: xfs_symlink problem? 3.1 after rc10

On Monday 24 of October 2011, Carlos Maiolino wrote:
> > My 3.1 (after) rc10 crashed (there was no xfs changes after it afaik).
> >
> > Could anyone verify that this isn't some nasty xfs problem since it's
> > close to final 3.1? Happened only once.
> >
> > http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/IMG_6019.JPG
> >
> > No quota was used, xfs on top of luks on top of ssd drive.
>
> It looks to be caused by a general protection fault, and giving the place

It happened again:

http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/100_5434.JPG
http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/100_5433.JPG

> where this crashed I would say this sounds like the bug I've fixed some
> days ago related with the size of the symlinks.
> I can be wrong though, and this is related with another problem.

The weird thing is that I never ever hit this before with pre 3.1rc10 git
kernels. Was your bugfix a fix for new issue that was introduced in 3.1 cycle
or for something old?

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team