Re: Can you please create a git tree mirror on git.kernel.org?

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 06:53:34PM +1100, Dave Chinner wrote:
> As it is, I'm not sure we're going to put those trees back on
> kernel.org - there's been no discussion I've seen about doing this,
> and the absence of the trees hasn't hurt us at all thanks to Alex
> pushing stuff into the oss.sgi.com trees quickly.

I'd like to put them back.  Right now it means we have a single point
of failure, and overload Alex who is pretty busy already.

> And FWIW, I'm not planning on putting my dev trees back on
> kernel.org any time soon - too many hoops to jump through now. I'll
> probably use github or some other site for doing that when the need
> arises.

Of course we'd need all the regular contributors to have access,
otherwise a shared repository is rather pointless.