Re: tasks hangs in D state while writing to xfs

W dniu 2011-10-15 18:04, Amit Sahrawat pisze:
> Hi Marcin,
> Can you share the Free blocks for the disk at the time of this
> issue(df -k)? It seems that the disk do not have enough free space to
> reserve a transaction.
> Also, the logs also seems to be mixed. The stucked position really seems to be :
> Function: xlog_grant_log_space()
> 	/* Is there space or do we need to sleep? */
> 	spin_lock(&log->l_grant_lock);
> Is there any other activity which was done on the disk before you
> observed these hang traces?At first it does seems to hang XFS, next if
> you issue a 'sync' you will observe that sync will also turn to
> TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE 'D' state.

Hi Amit.
#  df -kT /dev/sda11
Filesystem    Type   1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda11     xfs     3840937   2354891   1486046  62% /mnt/cdrom

No, i only run rsync to partition located at /dev/sda11. Meseems the
main information is size of log. Maybe there is board case when log is
minimal size (such small as mkfs allow).
Regards.