Re: nginx blocked task when XFS partition is very full

On 9/2/2011 7:23 AM, Sean Purdy wrote:
Hi,

This is on 2.6.32-32-server from Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 LTS

We have nginx fileserving from four disks on a machine.  We're using mogilefs as a distributed file system.  We've come across an issue where when the filesystem is very full, and nginx tries to write to it, we get "task blocked for more than 120 seconds" messages from the kernel, nginx hangs and we can no longer access the fs.  When a file is uploaded via nginx, nginx writes to a .tmp directory on the disk before moving the file to its destination.  nginx can't be kill -9ed, it needs a reboot.

Has this sort of issue been fixed since 2.6.32?

It would help to see df output for space and inodes of the XFS filesystem in question.

--
Stan