Re: 3.0.1: xfs hang

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 03:38:21PM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
Hi,

Forgot to remove 'delaylog' from my fstab on one of my machines,
while rm -rf a large directory with many files:

Does it actually hand the machine, or do you get the warning and then
work continues?
Hi,

Normally the work continues but delaylog's effect varies on different hardware.
For example on server HW it actually kills all network connections (ssh,etc)
if delaylog is set and you remove lots of files.

Unfortunately your backtrace doesn't seem overly reliable
Would compiling with frame pointers help for future XFS/related items?
, so it's kinda
hard to figure out what is going on.  There is nothing delaylog related
in the provided one though.  If it halfway matches what is going on it
seems to be block I/O related.

Justin.