Re: xfs_repair 3.1.4/3.1.5: fatal error -- couldn't malloc dir2 buffer data

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 09:39:13AM +1000, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Then I unmounmted it and re-ran xfs_repair
> > (http://ue.tst.eu/3cbc07150eb6b69c63361937c6c3044f.txt) which got much
> > farther, but failed with the same error.
>
> Looks lke corrupt directory blocks are causing it.
>
> > Then I re-ran xfs_repair one last time, which ran through without any "error"
> > messages.
> >
> > An xfs_metadata -o is here (gzipped):
> > http://data.plan9.de/smoker-chroot.bin.gz
>
> I'll have a look at it.

I had another lockup, no xfs_fsr involved this time.

After rebooting, xfs_repair on the filesystem I mkfs'ed yesterday had the
same problem, here is the metadump:

   http://data.plan9.de/metadump-smoker-new.gz

(if it's not accessible right now then this is because thats the server
that locked up, it should be up and running in an hour again).

And here is the output of xfs_repair:

   Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
   Phase 2 - using internal log
           - zero log...
           - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
           - found root inode chunk
   Phase 3 - for each AG...
           - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
           - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
           - agno = 0
           - agno = 1
           - agno = 2
           - agno = 3
           - agno = 4
           - agno = 5
           - agno = 6
           - agno = 7

   fatal error -- couldn't malloc dir2 buffer data

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp@xxxxxxxxxx