Re: "Corrupt dinode 6242615, (btree extents). This is a bug."<o

On Montag, 8. August 2011 Hanne Munkholm wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Michael Monnerie wrote:
> > Yes, mount -L/umount once to replay the log, when you are sure the
> > block device works correctly again.
>
> Thank you very much for your reply.
>
> I don't see an -L option to the mount command meaning "replay
> log", I think if I was able to mount it, it would replay the log
> by itself? However, I cannot mount it.

Sorry, mixing up with xfs_repair -L. If mount doesn't work, then try to
xfs_repair -L.

> Trying with a newer kernel is possible but some trouble, is it
> likely to help?

Could be. Dave Chinner knows more. I'd say if a newer kernel is
problematic, try xfs_repair -L first, and keep the output for review. As
you have a backup anyway, you're on the safe side. I've needed
xfs_repair often and never had a problem because of it. YMMV though.

> If I run an xfs_repair, will it get me anywhere even if it
> segfaults at the same point?

Yes, sometimes running it several times solves all problems.

> Do you recommend that I run an xfs_repair with or without -L, or
> should I definetly try a new kernel first?

If you can quickly download a "live" CD with an actual kernel, do that
and try that. If that is problematic, e.g. you don't have access to the
server, just run xfs_repair -L.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc