Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request xfs_is_delayed_page

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:55:04PM +0300, T?r?k Edwin wrote:
> Not sure what the BUG means: did XFS ran out of memory when trying to write the 4GB coredump, as it wanted to allocate an extra 4G temporarely to hold it?

It means we dereferenced an invalid pointer in xfs_is_delayed_page,
which is called from the writeback code, which is pretty odd.  We
haven't really touched that particular piece of code for a long time,
and it really doesn't derefence many pointers, basically just
page->mapping, page->private and the flags and b_this_page fields
in the buffer head.