Re: 30 TB RAID6 + XFS slow write performance

On 7/22/2011 1:10 AM, Michael Monnerie wrote:

> Yes, I just wanted to know about the corner cases, and how XFS behaves.
> Actually, we're changing over to using NetApps, and with their WAFL
> anyway I should drop all su/sw usage and just use 4KB blocks.

I've never used a NetApp filer myself.  However, that said, I would
assume that WAFL is only in play for NFS/CIFS transactions since WAFL is
itself a filesystem.

When exposing LUNs from the same filer to FC and iSCSI hosts I would
assume the filer acts just as any other SAN controller would.  In this
case I would think you'd probably still want to align your XFS
filesystem to the underlying RAID stripe from which the LUN was carved.

--
Stan