Re: xfs_growfs doesn't resize

Hi all,

First, I hope that this message fixes my mail client breaking threading.

I am sorry for following up my own post (again), but I realized this
morning that there may be another possible risk I had not considered:

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 03:51:32PM -0700, kkeller@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> So, here is my xfs_db output.  This is still on a mounted filesystem.

How safe/risky is it to leave this filesystem mounted and in use?
I'm not too concerned about new data, since it won't be a huge amount,
but I am wondering if data that's already been written may be at risk.
Or, it it a reasonable guess that the kernel is still working completely
with the old filesystem geometry, and so won't write anything beyond the
old limits while it's still mounted?  df certainly seems to use the old
fs size, not the new one.

Thanks again,

--keith

--